Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Blanton Doubble Neck



Not much to say about this classic beauty. She was bought new from A&S Music over thirty years ago. Her owner brought her back this year, confessing that he never learned how to play this fine machine.

If you don't know, south east Texas has produced a lot of fine musicians. Especially in country music. At one time Beaumont was prime stop on touring circuits. Most times, when I'm "under the hood" of some old pedal steel, I wonder where shes been. Who she may of harmonized with night after night under the steady hand of a seasoned house band player.  

Not this one. Left alone in a closet for a long, long time. Sad?
                                                             
                                                                         I think so.

 The good news is that I became an adoption agent of sorts. Our sweet little Blanton found a new home before I even finished the minor repairs she needed. That's the first time I ever sold a piece right off the work bench!

 So here's to owning fine musical instruments... and PLAYING them!
                                                                Take us home, Boss!

 Here's a look at some of the work I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment